Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for…snow!  Yes, on the fifth day since it began snowing we still have quite a bit of snow.  I have always preferred the snow and winter to hot and humidity.  Someone at church told me that another lady and I were the only ones happy about the forecasted blizzard.  I was definitely happy.  But…I think I will also be happy to see some concrete again.

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

Our street was finally plowed – last night.  The police towed the van which was stuck {mentioned in an earlier post} so that the plow could get through.  Our car was directly across from the van, so I’m glad they didn’t try to force through!

Mayor Bloomberg is taking a lot of heat for the slow response in clearing the snow.  Today Ben heard that the reason was a union protest.  They purposely delayed the snow removal in order to get back at Bloomberg for cutting 400 sanitation jobs over the last two years.  "They were told [by supervisors] to take off routes [and] not do the plowing of some of the major arteries in a timely manner. They were told to make the mayor pay for the layoffs, the reductions in rank for the supervisors, shrinking the rolls of the rank-and-file." (Read more here…)  Hmmmm.  I hope they get this “feud” settled before the next storm!

I dug out the car today while Elaine was napping.  Maybe I should have let Ben do it, but it felt good to get out and do something.  Then the bonehead {I mean that in the nicest way possible} who was parked behind me decided to dig his car out…and he piled it right behind my car.  Ugg!

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
Halfway done digging out the car

I also ventured out…I stretched the milk as far as I could, and today there was none.  First I walked to the Post Office with Elaine {they are still not accepting and packages}, and then we grabbed the stroller and hit the market.  I had to carry the stroller across the intersections because of all the snow and slush, and the narrow walkways which had been cleared.  Elaine enjoyed being out of the house!

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
Our steps – still a lot of snow on one half!

Comments