The Big Five-0

Father's DayToday my Dad becomes an old man.  Just joking!  It is a monumental birthday, though!  I can’t really say that all of his hair is going to fall out now that he is 50, because most of it is already gone.  And I can’t really say that he will start turning grey now.  Raising me helped with the pre-mature greying.  (He would say that he earned every single grey hair!)

For those of you who don’t know my dad, let me tell you a little about him.  I call him a Renaissance Man –Broncos vs. Raiders he’s dabbled in a lot of things.  He has worked for UPS, he did law enforcement and weather forecasting in the Air Force, he drove an armored vehicle, he sold tools & machinery, he worked for the Post Office, and he has owned his own business.  I think he may have even sold a car or two in there somewhere!  Regardless of what he was doing, Dad has always been a hard worker with a strong work ethic.  And he has always been a salesman at heart, I think.  He loves to talk, and he can talk you into anything!  Beside that, he can fix a car or diagnose the problem pretty fast!  Did I mention he knows something about flying an airplane too?

Elaine Day 9 Godby FamilyDad loves to hunt.  I called him the Great White Hunter when I was living at home.  He is great at getting deer, elk, and antelope.  Somehow that turkey has always eluded him, though!

Dad gave up his anniversary weekend many years to drive me and/or Kenny to school.  He came to NC and did roofing projects to help with our school bills.  He provided us a car to drive…even when I wrecked it.  He has always been there.  Even now, if something happens to the car, I call Dad.  (And I always clean the car really good before he comes to visit!)

Happy Birthday Dad!  We wish we could be there to celebrate with you!

Elaine & Grandpa GodbyI love this picture – she is looking so intently at Grandpa!

Comments

  1. Dad says he is not turning into an old man, he is just hitting his stride! And he loves being a grandpa!( I read him your blog over the phone!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your email address if you need a response to your comment, or check back here to see my reply in the comments section.