Merry Christmas to me!

A couple of weeks ago I shared that Ben was working on a project for me (read it here).  Today, Ben brought home my desk!  He had taken it to the shop to refinish as my Christmas gift.  Let me tell you – it is beautiful!  It is now a dark walnut-ish color.  He fixed the nicks and scratches (while leaving a few for character), and stripped the roll-top. 

Here is the before picture:

Brooklyn Apartment - Living Room desk

Here are the after pictures:

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
isn’t it beautiful?

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
I have always had these old books and mason jars on the desk.  Now I think they look so much nicer.  I guess it’s because the desk is soooo much nicer!

I hope you all have a Happy New Year!

Comments

  1. Absolutely Beautiful!! I can't believe that is the same desk! I remember it being in Grandpas garage with potting stuff on it! Well done Ben!! You did an excellent job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your email address if you need a response to your comment, or check back here to see my reply in the comments section.