My Best Friend

p1040323

Ben has commented several times lately that the blog is only about Elaine, and never about him.  I have been wanting to write a post about him, but I needed just the right photo! 

I love Ben because…

  • He’s my best friend, since April 28, 2006 when we started dating.  Probably since before that, but that is the date I remember.
  • He didn’t kiss me until our wedding day, October 26, 2007.
  • He’s patient, especially when I am stressing out.
  • He is good with Elaine…even changing cloth diapers!
  • He loves people, and thinks the best about them.
  • He encourages me…in my music, in being frugal, in couponing, in selling Mary Kay, in using cloth diapers, and much more!
  • He loves the Lord, and He leads our family in God’s Will.
  • He wants to win the City for Christ!
  • He understands the NYC subway system, so I don’t have to worry about it.
  • He is cheap, except with me (well…sometimes with me).  It saves us a lot of money1
  • He likes adventure.  Translation: Ben gets lost, and then he enjoys the challenge of getting un-lost.
  • He studies his Bible in Greek & Hebrew to get the proper interpretation.  It takes a lot of time & work, but he loves it!
  • He picks on me.  A lot.  I know it means he loves me!
  • He puts up with my strange fetishes – cloth diapers, taking pictures of everything, checking the blog before bedtime, and scrapbooking.
  • He knew I was a klutz and he married me anyway.
  • He is a hard worker – willing to do more physical labor in NYC for half the money he was making in Va. Beach.
  • He doesn’t complain easily, even when he has been working outside in the hot sun or the freezing rain all day long.
  • He doesn’t care if the car is a mess.  I’m still getting used to that!
  • He does things my way in the kitchen.

I love you Ben, and I’m so glad that God picked me to be your wife!

Love,

Andrea

Comments

  1. I remember when you guys first started dating. We played "The Game of Life" at my house, and between the two of you your cars were full of kids and you were discussing how you would need two cars...I was about ready to remind you that this was a GAME, not the real thing! You all were cute, and I am thankful for your example in a relationship that honored God from the very beginning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your email address if you need a response to your comment, or check back here to see my reply in the comments section.