Good Intentions–Andrea’s Book List

Ben and I each wrote out a list of books that we want to read in 2011.  We chose one book per month, and we will see how it goes.  We also decided on no TV/movies except on Friday or Saturday night.  That should aid our reading time!

Here is my reading list for 2011:

  • January – finish Lies Women Believe (we’re studying this in our ladies prayer breakfast at church).
  • FebruaryEndurance by Alfred Lansing (fiction)
  • March – finish A Chance to Die by Elisabeth Elliot
  • AprilA Passion for the Impossible (the life of Lillias Trotter)
  • MayUnveiling Islam (I want to know more about the Muslim religion as we live in a Muslim neighborhood)
  • JuneBaby Wise so I can figure out a schedule for Baby #2
  • July – no reading, new baby, no sleep Smile
  • AugustHaving A Mary Spirit in a Martha World
  • SeptemberWatership Down (fiction)
  • OctoberJungle Pilot (biography of Nate Saint)
  • NovemberLords of the Earth (missionary story)
  • December – I will pick any Lori Wick novel to read for fun

Additionally, there are a few things I hope to accomplish this year.  I want to sew Elaine’s Easter dress this year (this is a VERY ambitious goal for me…we’ll see how it goes).  I would like to learn more about my camera so that I can take newborn pictures of the new baby.  And I want to stick absolutely to the budget this year – cravings or not!

I will try to write a monthly update post to let you know how we did on our reading goal!

Comments

  1. Dad and I were just talking about going to bed earlier at night and just reading. Of course you and Ben's book choices go way beyond "Trophy Hunter". I probably told you this before but the most practical book I ever read that helped me spirirtually is "Having a Mary heart in a Martha World" I love that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone gave my mom "having a Mary Heart in a Martha World." Its mine now! :) Just a wonderful book, if you've never read it you will love/enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your email address if you need a response to your comment, or check back here to see my reply in the comments section.