Ben and I each wrote out a list of books that we want to read in 2011. We chose one book per month, and we will see how it goes. We also decided on no TV/movies except on Friday or Saturday night. That should aid our reading time!
Here is my reading list for 2011:
- January – finish Lies Women Believe (we’re studying this in our ladies prayer breakfast at church).
- February – Endurance by Alfred Lansing (fiction)
- March – finish A Chance to Die by Elisabeth Elliot
- April – A Passion for the Impossible (the life of Lillias Trotter)
- May – Unveiling Islam (I want to know more about the Muslim religion as we live in a Muslim neighborhood)
- June – Baby Wise so I can figure out a schedule for Baby #2
- July – no reading, new baby, no sleep
- August – Having A Mary Spirit in a Martha World
- September – Watership Down (fiction)
- October – Jungle Pilot (biography of Nate Saint)
- November – Lords of the Earth (missionary story)
- December – I will pick any Lori Wick novel to read for fun
Additionally, there are a few things I hope to accomplish this year. I want to sew Elaine’s Easter dress this year (this is a VERY ambitious goal for me…we’ll see how it goes). I would like to learn more about my camera so that I can take newborn pictures of the new baby. And I want to stick absolutely to the budget this year – cravings or not!
I will try to write a monthly update post to let you know how we did on our reading goal!