Lainey and Random Issues

That’s what my dad and Ben’s mom like to call Elaine.  I wasn’t keen on nicknames to begin with, but I find myself calling Elaine “Lainey” more and more. 

Are y’all tired of me talking about Elaine?  I know I’m completely biased because I’m the mommy, but I can’t help it!  I must say at least a dozen times a day, “She’s just so cute!”  She really is in a cute stage!

Elaine has most recently developed a conscience.  She knows what “no” means, and she knows what she isn’t supposed to play with.  And I think she sometimes “guesses” that a particular item will be off limits too.  All I have to do is say “Elaine” and she bolts.  She drops it and runs (as much as she can run) the other way.  It’s like she’s saying, “Nope.  That wasn’t me.  I wasn’t playing with it.”  It’s the funniest thing to watch – maybe I will catch it on video some day.

Lainey loves Cheerios.  She usually ends up spewing them all over the floor.  I’ve tried to use a bowl or plate but she always dumps the Cheerios so she can play with the bowl.  This week I discovered a solution.  And she’s just so cute!  I put the Cheerios in a plastic cup.  She walks around the house holding her cup, with one fist stuck in as far as it can go.  Sometimes she even removes her hand to eat one or two Cheerios! 

Lainey is turning 1 in three days.  Since she has a best friend whom we affectionately call “Bunny”, we are having a bunny party.  All of Lainey’s grandparents will be here.  I am making bunny cakes.  It should be an exciting time!

So that’s Lainey.  Now for some Random Issues.  It’s really cold here!  Maybe it’s the northeastern humidity.  Maybe it’s because the landlord hasn’t turned on the heat yet.  Maybe I lived in the south for too long.  Whatever the reason, this Colorado girl is freezing!  I feel like a wimp – it’s only the beginning of November, and it hasn’t even snowed yet!

Today is election day.  Everyone needs to get out and vote, and let’s get some conservatives back in office.  Today (hopefully) will go down in history as the day that Nancy Pelosi became unemployed (at least as Speaker of the House).  And let me just tack this on – I feel pretty strongly that you have no right to complain about our political situation if you are not willing to go vote.

Another issue is this – we have added another member to our family.  Now don’t jump to conclusions.  There is a mouse that has taken up residence in my kitchen. I saw the flip of his tail on my kitchen counter this morning.  It was 5:15 a.m. and I shouldn’t have even been out of bed, but my husband has an early staff prayer meeting.  He usually leaves me in bed on Tuesdays (he’s nice like that), but today I got up to make his lunch.  He was running late Winking smile.  As I walked back toward the bedroom imagining the nice warm covers, I saw the mouse.  Not once, but twice.  I was freaked out!  I am headed to the hardware store for mouse traps as soon as they open.  I am not even waiting for my exterminator husband to get home.

I should let you know that I have found Ziploc bags with chewed corners.  But I have also caught the neighbor’s cat chewing on my stuff.  And Ben insisted that we don’t have mice because there was no evidence of them.  But…Ben was wrong.  There is a mouse.  Ewwww…it just grosses me out!

For most of you this is a very boring post.  Not even any pictures!  But now everything is off my chest, and I can enjoy the rest of my day.  Don’t forget to vote!

Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave your email address if you need a response to your comment, or check back here to see my reply in the comments section.