Happy Mother’s Day

I am very blessed to have two godly ladies in my life that go by “Mom.”  I love both of them very much!  I feel especially blessed to have such a good relationship with my Mother-in-Law, as I know that is not always the case!

This year for Mother’s Day, we have just added two new babies to the family. Everything around our house seems a bit new or out of place.  We are still working on the new routine.  Nolan is still adjusting to losing “baby” status.  Mommy & Daddy are running on half sleep.  But both of my moms have helped to make this time easier! 

Sissy was a huge help in taking care of Elaine & Nolan while I was in the hospital.  She also gave up her sleep those first couple of nights we were home.  And to top it all off, Elaine & Nolan were sick.  They decided to share {for once!} and sent Grandma home with a cold as well.  We couldn’t have done it without you, Mom!

My Mom hasn’t been able to come yet – we look forward to her visit next week.  But she and Dad helped us get the van so that we could bring the babies home.  They gave me a new camera since mine was dying.  And there have been countless boxes of goodies coming our way!  I wish they lived closer and that travel wasn’t so expensive.

I remember my pastor once saying that a mother’s job is to prepare her children to leave the nest.  Now that I’m a mom, I understand better that it is a bittersweet job!  I still have my kiddos around, but I can imagine it’s hard when they start to leave.  My mom didn’t try to hold us back.  What I know about being a mommy I learned from my own mom, and I think she did a great job preparing us all to follow God’s Will for our lives.

Happy Mother’s Day Mom & Mom!

[Hamilton]0124

Comments

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your email address if you need a response to your comment, or check back here to see my reply in the comments section.