Thankful Thursday

New sunglassesI have much to be thankful for, though I often fall into grumble mode and complain about what I do not have.  I’ve been having a rough week in my pregnancy – lots of reflux for which I seem to find no relief, and pain in my lower back & hips which makes it hard to stand and do a lot of my homemaking tasks.  But when I think about everything they told me that is a higher “risk” with a twin pregnancy, I’ve been sailing through with no complications.  No bed rest.  No gestational diabetes.  No high blood pressure.  No preeclampsia.  No need to assume I will need a caesarean.  So I’m thankful that my only “symptom” is the ever present reflux.

I’m thankful that I have two healthy-growing twins.  The midwife said they are progressing like singletons, not twins.  One is already estimated to weigh 3 pounds, and the other 2 pounds 9 ounces.  Everything is going well, and I am thankful.

I’m thankful that Nolan’s transition to the bunk beds has been a cinch.  Only onceNew sunglasses have I caught him out of bed, and only once has he rolled out of bed.  He was ready for it.

I’m thankful also for God’s provision.  He has never failed to provide for us, and He always does it at the right time.  We have been trying to prepare for these new additions little by little, but there were still several major expenses that we knew would be coming.  Bunk beds.  An additional car seat.  A double stroller for two infant seats. Clothing for two.  Diapers for two.  A mini van. It all adds up.

And yet God has faithfully been meeting these needs.  The bunk beds were a good deal on Craigslist.  The car seat was given to us by a friend at church.  I mostly had enough clothing, but I have found numerous sales and deals on the items that I needed.  Today a friend came over and left us with several bags of hand-me-downs and a lot of new clothing items…just what I needed for the twins.  Half of the space underneath the bunk beds is already filled with diapers in preparation for the twins, and I only purchased one of the boxes.  The rest have been given by friends.

Tonight we are going to pick up the infant stroller that I need.  I found it for half price on Craigslist.  The only need that remains is a mini van.  And while part of me is getting anxious with only 7 weeks to go {if the twins are born at “term” and not premature}, I really have no reason to doubt that God will provide this too.  With everything that He has already given, why we He stop now?  And when He gives it, it will be the right van at the right price.

When we found out that I was pregnant with twins I was overwhelmed.  I thought of all the difficulties.  But little by little each one has been overcome.  So in a couple of months when I am exhausted and my house is a wreck and I haven’t had a shower yet…I know that God will be giving me the strength to care for my children.  Because He is the one who gave them to us, and where He leads, He always provides.

New sunglassesDoesn’t she look like Audrey Hepburn?

Comments