A Day in the Country

Well…I never thought of New Jersey as “The Country” before, but after living in Brooklyn for over four months, it was nice to see some trees and open spaces!  On Saturday Elaine and I went apple picking with a group from our church, Bethel Baptist Fellowship.  We went to Hillview Farms, and in addition to apples they had a pick-your-own pumpkin patch.  I was hoping for a pumpkin and enough apples for canning applesauce.  The apples were a little overpriced at $1.99 per pound, but we enjoyed the experience and picked enough for a pie.  The pumpkins were the same price as in the City, so I opted to wait for a better sale.  This made me even more jealous of my cousin Cassi’s garden pumpkins! 

We rode the tractor to the orchard.  From there we could select the type of apple we wanted to pick and walk to the pumpkin patch.  The weather was perfect – a lovely fall day which was neither too hot nor too cold.  I have too many pictures from the day, and I can’t decide which ones to leave out, so here they are!

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
These girls spoiled Elaine and all wanted to hold her.  In the end, it was Abby that was her favorite!
(Christine, Hannah, Cassidy, Elaine, Samantha, Abby)

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
The ladies in our group: Amethyst, Agnes, Darlene, Maria, Debbie, Mimi, and me!

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
She looks like she’s been caught touching something that was off-limits.  In reality, she had a runny nose and thought it tasted good!

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
I let Elaine move around in the pumpkin patch…in her bare feet…and she loved it!

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
Elaine is always trying to carry something or lift something.  She is very strong, but not strong enough to heft this pumpkin!

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
Apples…mmmmmm!

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
Someone found an Elaine-sized apple.  She loved it!

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
Elaine went…shoe picking!  The story is: these new shoes are a tad big, and one of them kept falling off.  So we chucked in the bushel basket with the apples!

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
I picked an Elaine!  After I took this picture I looked down and she was fast asleep – in that position!

me & elaine picking apples
Me & my girl.  A fun day in the country!

Comments

  1. Carrie and I think that Elaine is very cute and we enjoyed the pictures! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your email address if you need a response to your comment, or check back here to see my reply in the comments section.