Freezer Cooking Day

One of the blogs I read daily (and it has helped me learn how to save a LOT of money) is MoneySavingMom.  Recently she has been “hosting” via the blogosphere a freezer cooking day each month.  As I was growing up my mom frequently did once-a-month-cooking (OAMC).  I know it can save time and money, but I didn’t think I had the freezer space to do it.

We have been “eating from the pantry” through the month of February and the result is a very empty refrigerator and almost empty freezer.  So I decided to try a freezer cooking day this month and see how it goes.

Here’s my plan:

We’ll see how it goes!  My plan is to shop on Monday, and cook on Tuesday.  I’m going to try cooking a whole chicken and shredding the meat for the Chicken Tetrazinni, and some other dishes throughout the month.  I’ve never done this before, but I’m sure it is cheaper than using chicken breasts!

Check out other recipe ideas, and freezer cooking tools and methods at MoneySavingMom!

Comments