I just wanted to take a brief look back at our 2015 and share our 2016 goals!
Looking Back at 2015
2015 was filled up with two main events – full-time deputation, and the birth of Henry. In many respects 2015 feels like a whirlwind, and at the same time I often felt like it was dragging by. Some parts of life on the road are monotonous – it even feels strange when we don’t climb into the van for a long drive on some days. Yet other parts of this journey are always an adventure. We have seen so many parts of the country!
Fun facts from 2015:
- We have driven 40,365 (+) miles
- We have traveled through 33 of the 50 United States!
- When Henry turned four months old on Dec. 27, he had been to 20 states
- We have been in 46 different first time meetings at churches this year
- The Lord has increased our support by 37%
- We put everything into storage and moved into temporary housing, in great anticipation of the day we get to move into the Bronx
- When Henry was born we had 5 kids ages 5 and under
- Elaine and I successfully passed a milestone – completing our first year of homeschooling! Now we are on to bigger and better things…like 1st Grade!
Looking forward to 2016
This is the time of year when many people write down their goals or “New Years Resolutions” for the coming year. We have done this for the last several years as well. Our goals for 2016 are pretty simple (yet humongous!).
- We want to finish deputaiton
- We want to move into the Bronx
- We want to get the church started
Those sound like simple statements, and only three goals? Yet so much is included there – like finishing First Grade while traveling, completing our required reading list for Baptist World Mission (yikes! I am so behind!), finding the right apartment (and hopefully painting the walls!), and Ben’s ordination. That’s a lot of living in three statements!