30 Years and Counting!

God’s design for marriage is one man and one woman, for life.  I am one of those blessed people who has parents that are still “together.”  Thirty years “still together”!  I am thankful for my parents and their testimony of commitment and marriage.  Today they are celebrating 30 years of marriage!

Here are some pictures from their wedding day:

docimage28_thumb[16]

docimage26_thumb[10]

docimage30_0001_thumb[7]
So…funny story about that last picture.  Can you see the bottom of my dad’s shoes? There were definitely a lot of pranks going on at my parent’s wedding, from what I’ve been told.  The groomsmen painted “Help Me” on the bottom of my dad’s rented shoes!

My mom has blogged the story of their dating, engagement, and marriage here, here, here, and here.  (You know…in case your curiosity is aroused…or you’re one of those people who loves to look at old pictures…or you’re just plain nosey!)

This is the most recent picture I could find of my parents (Father’s Day, 2011):

“Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,  And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?  Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.”
Matthew 19:4-6

Mom & Dad – I love you both, and I am so grateful that God put me into your family.  Though I know there have been hard times, you stuck together, you trusted the Lord, and you are an example to me. 

Happy Anniversary! 
Love, Andrea

“The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.”
Psalm 16:6

Comments

  1. Aw-w! Aren't you sweet? And thank you for your sweet words in the card you sent. It's obvious from the pictures that we really havn't changed that much, right!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your email address if you need a response to your comment, or check back here to see my reply in the comments section.