It’s a Girl!!!

Elaine Cristin

Our sweet baby girl, Elaine Cristin Hamilton, arrived via caesarean delivery on Thursday, November 5th at 9:54 p.m.  She weighs seven pounds and is twenty and a half inches long.  Here are some pictures of the delivery.

Birth of Elaine Cristin Hamilton
One last prego picture

Birth of Elaine Cristin Hamilton
This was the hard part – I couldn’t move, I had really bad acid reflux, I had to have oxygen, and the baby was under stress.

Birth of Elaine Cristin Hamilton
Here is Dad all suited up to enter the operating room.

 Birth of Elaine Cristin Hamilton
Here I am in the OR, after my incision was made and as they worked to get Elaine out of my tummy.

Birth of Elaine Cristin Hamilton
Here they were suctioning Elaine’s air passages and mouth to remove the meconium.  At this point her gender was still unknown, but her lungs could certainly be heard!

Birth of Elaine Cristin Hamilton
It’s a…GIRL!

Birth of Elaine Cristin Hamilton
Mom meets Elaine for the first time.  My hands and arms were not numb, so I could touch by I couldn’t hold.

Birth of Elaine Cristin Hamilton
Dad holds Elaine for the first time.  This is the first baby Ben has held since high school.  So special!

Comments