Thankful Thursday

Today I am grateful for:

  • A husband who spent his unexpected day off wiping noses, My three favorite peoplechanging diapers, washing dishes, and changing laundry.  He wanted to help me out because I wasn’t feeling well.
  • A washing machine at home.  Right now it is broken again, but hopefully it will be fixed soon.  Going to the laundry mat with my two littles definitely adds a lot of work!
  • A working computer.  When my computer updated this week, it caused major problems to my registry and caused a lot of programs to fail.  Now it is working again, and I am thankful.
  • Tech support in English.  Even though my Microsoft tech support agent was clearly in (or from) another part of the world, I could understand her English clearly and we were able to solve the problem {it only took three hours on the phone and about 50 re-boots}.
  • Carbonite.  If you don’t have Carbonite backup for your computer, you are asking for trouble!  The $50 a year is sooooo worth it!  When I couldn’t access my photo storage program this week, I knew I didn’t really have anything to worry about because all my pictures were safely backed up off site.  This is one of the best investments we have ever made!
  • A little girl who said “Thank you” this morning without being prompted.
  • A little boy who doesn’t need very much encouragement to break out in smiles.
  • The Baltimore Orioles. Ben never stopped cheering for them and endlessly checking their losing scores.  But they went out with a bang, closing their season by coming back in the bottom of the 9th inning to beat the Red Sox and knock them out of the wild card spot.  {I have to put this one in – it “kills two birds with one stone,” so to speak.  I get brownie points with Ben, and I get to jab at Dad Hamilton at the same time!

Comments