Times to Cherish

One of the highlights of my trip was seeing Grandma & Grandpa (my grandparents).  They are my mom’s parents, and they always lived close by.  I grew up with them always around – at every birthday, piano recital, and Christmas Eve.  I was looking forward to seeing them again, and letting them spend time with Elaine.  This trip I got to see them twice.  We had them over for dinner on Tuesday night, and we went out to lunch with them on Sunday afternoon. 

PICT0326
Sharing a cookie with Great Grandpa Paul

PICT0328
Great Grandpa & Grandma Paul

PICT0331
When my brothers and I would leave for college, we usually had a last Sunday lunch at the buffet with Grandma & Grandpa.  Then we took pictures on the bench out front.  This year the bench was gone, but we added Elaine.

IMG_2538
Uncle Scott (my mom’s brother) joined us for lunch.

IMG_2534
Enjoying an ice cream cone…compliments of Grandpa Godby

IMG_2535

IMG_2544
The hostess gave Elaine a balloon, and she couldn’t have been happier!

PICT0313  PICT0320

PICT0334
Me, Elaine, and my “big little bother brother” Wesley.  Elaine really enjoyed Uncle Wes.  She would climb into his arms every time he reached for her, much to Grandpa’s dismay (she often told Grandpa “no”)!

Comments

  1. The first picture of Elaine with the balloon is the absolute cutest ever!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your email address if you need a response to your comment, or check back here to see my reply in the comments section.