Third Trimester

Yesterday I began my third trimester.  I am 27 weeks, and still don’t have much of a baby bump.  This pregnancy has been different than with Elaine, and more difficult in some ways.

With Elaine I had acid reflux constantly.  Starting at 20 weeks (that’s halfway through) they allowed me to take Zantac twice a day to help control it.  With this baby I have struggled with heartburn, indigestion, and nausea in rotation.  Supper has been the hardest meal and it often puts me out of commission for the rest of the evening.

In the last few weeks I have had acid reflux on top of the other symptoms.  I am back to popping Zantac.  My prenatal vitamin is a different brand now that my prescription has been filled in NY.  It makes me feel very sick, and I even threw up after taking it in Colorado. (I don’t throw up easily).  Since Sunday I have been very breathless.  Sometimes the smallest activity sends me to the couch for a few minutes to catch my breath.  It makes it difficult to sleep at night.

This is all normal pregnancy stuff.  Basically that means there’s nothing they can do to help me.   I’m grateful that it’s not constant morning sickness, bed rest, or other complications.  Really it’s a pretty easy pregnancy.

Just like with Elaine, we are very settled on a girl name, but we still have several boy names on the table.  We like all of them and it is hard to pick a favorite.  I change my mind a lot, but I think we are getting closer to a decision.

June still sounds far away, but now that I am in the last trimester, I feel like things are really starting to take shape.  In about three months I will be a mommy of two babies under two!

Comments