The Post You All Want to Read

Last week we went and walked “The Highline” on Manhattan’s west side, near Chelsea Piers.  It was a freight rail line, in operation from 1934 to 1980.  It carried meat to the meatpacking district, agricultural goods to the factories and warehouses of the industrial West Side, and mail to the Post Office.  Now it is a beautiful walkway, elevated above the City streets, with gardens and benches along the way.

While I have been curious about the Highline since I learned of its existence, we really went there for a specific purpose: to take some pictures.  I even had props ready because they are going to help me tell something.  I had hoped for a great city background, but these are what I ended up with:

The Highline pictures to announce Babies 3 & 4    The Highline pictures to announce Babies 3 & 4

The Highline pictures to announce Babies 3 & 4

They’re cute, right?  Nolan is 15 months now, and Elaine will soon be 3 years old.  But this is the picture I really wanted to share…

The Highline pictures to announce Babies 3 & 4

So now you  know…we are having a baby!  I am nearly eight weeks along…due May 20th, 2013.  I went to the doctor today.  She gave me this neat picture:

twins ultrasound #2

It may not look like much, but it turned my announcement picture into this:

Baby #3 Announcement 2 jpg

We are having TWINS!!!

We are still in a bit of shock, but very much excited.  Since we are now talking about two babies, we are likely expecting their arrival much sooner than May 20th.  That would be a 40 week pregnancy.  My midwife said she would be happy if I went 36 weeks, and that most twins are born closer to 34 weeks.  It’s going to be a busy spring!

Comments

  1. Twins!! Congratulations! That is so neat! Happy for you guys!

    Shannon Walker

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad for you! You look great! The Lord is in control, and He sends babies as blessings. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your email address if you need a response to your comment, or check back here to see my reply in the comments section.