Inspired by Pinterest

I have finally been getting around to making some things I have pinned on Pinterest.  Here are a few things that turned out well:

::Homemade Floor Cleaner
I really like my Pine Sol lemon for mopping the floor…but this is a great and frugal alternative!  Once my bottle of Pine Sol is gone I probably won’t replace it.  I always have Borax & Washing Soda on hand.  I cut this recipe in half so my bucket isn’t quite so full.

:: Downy Wrinkle Releaser
I love this stuff!  But it costs a pretty penny…so I was excited to try a homemade version.  I finally finished off my Downy and made my own wrinkle releaser with fabric softener and water.  So easy, and just as effective!  I can pick the scent this way, too!

:: Homemade Laundry Detergent  DSC05124rt600
This is something I’ve been making for a while, but I found a better recipe.  This one includes oxi-clean for more stain fighting power, uses a whole box of Borax & Washing Soda {make more at once, less half open boxes of ingredients sitting around}, and includes fabric softening crystals for fragrance & softening.  Works great!  I use 3 Tbsp. per load.

:: Mason Jar Soap Dispenser
I have lots of jars in my house…for everything from laundry soap to drinking glasses to homemade salsa.  So this project cost me nothing – I had everything on hand, and it fits my “style” great!

:: Sugar Scrub
I’ve seen these all over the web, but never took the time to make one for myself.  This particular scrub uses sugar and Dawn Hand Renewal Dish Detergent.  That happens to be my favorite dish soap, and my hands get dry and peely this time of year.  So I decided to give it a try.  It was uber easy to make, and then I added a few drops of peppermint essential oil.  It works fabulous…cleanses and exfoliates in one shot! 

Our church is in Missions Emphasis Month and we put together blessing bags for each missionary family.  I decided to make some sugar scrubs to include in the blessing bags…something a little special just for the ladies.  I had just purchased some round labels so I created my own label and tied a ribbon…voila!

Sugar Scrubs

Sugar Scrubs

Are you on Pinterest?  Tried anything good lately?  I’ll share a couple of recipes soon that were Pinterest inspired!

Comments

  1. how do you like your laundry soup? I've been thinking of trying to make my own with the same recipe that you showed here but I really like liquid. I guess I'm asking how well does it clean, can you use it for everything you wash and the biggest question (for me anyways) do you have to add the fabric softener? or do you think that could be optional?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your email address if you need a response to your comment, or check back here to see my reply in the comments section.