Good Reading…Pass it On

I’ve been a little absent here lately.  Most days find me feeling “oogey” and queasy in the morning, and tired & exhausted in the afternoon.  By the time the kids are tucked in for a nap, I don’t want to see anything myself except my pillow!

I would like to pass on some good reads to you…

7 by Jen Hatmaker
This one isn’t actually a recommendation.  I wouldn’t waste your time with this book.  I read it for a book club, but I found the author offensive several times in her crass comments, especially since she is supposedly a pastor’s wife {though not of a church we would fellowship with} in Texas.

Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
My mom has had this book on her bookshelf for quite some time.  I asked her if I could borrow it, and she gave me my own copy.  Though I am just beginning I know it is going to be a blessing and a challenge.  It focuses on the three friends of Jesus in Bethany – Mary, Martha, and Lazarus.  This book in particular is about Martha.  Joanna followed this book with Having a Mary Spirit on the life of Mary, and her newest book is Lazarus Awakening on…you guessed it…the life of Lazarus.  Joanna also has a blog here.

Unglued by Lysa TerKeurst
I am not completely finished with this book either, but it has been good to think through some of my emotional responses to difficult circumstances.  Noticing how I respond in different situations can help me to change my responses to be Christ-like.

I have also started reading a couple of blogs on a daily basis.  The first is a devotional blog by my missionary friend Lou Ann Keiser.  I spend two months in the Basque region of Spain with the Keiser’s, and Mrs. Keiser has a real heart to help women.  She is in the process of publishing a book.  Her accompanying blog, In the Way, shares a simple devotional thought almost every day.  I know she would love for more people to read it, and I think you will be blessed.  She is an artist and finds a unique perspective and beauty in everything.

P7250075

And for the practical, DIY-er, One Good Thing by Jillee will inspire you to make household items yourself and tackle simple but lovely DIY projects.  I have enjoyed reading her blog daily, and I have followed many of her recipes for homemade products {cleaning, laundry, and beauty items}.

I hope you enjoy some of these reads too.  Leave me a comment with what you’re reading, and I’ll be sure to check it out!

Comments