Five Minute Friday: Beyond

Want to know how Five Minute Friday got started and how to participate? All the details are here.   So, set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes of free writing without worrying about getting it right.

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.

The prompt is:

Beyond…

Go.

Will You Marry Me - Engagement DayI like to know what is coming.  I like to have a plan.  I like to be prepared.  But many times, even my best laid plans go awry.  Sometimes this is frustrating to me.  Okay.  Most of the time.  But then I get to see the amazing hand of God working in my life – for my best, and His glory – and He always does things beyond what I could ever imagine.

When I think of beyond I think of the verse that tells us God does exceeding abundantly, above all that we could ask or think.  Recently for me, it has looked like this…

Things are tight financially.  But then God steps in and provides for our physical needs beyond what we could have dreamed.  The church brings us bags upon bags of groceries.  A check in the mail.  Always an unexpected source.  Always just enough.  Always perfect timing.  Always beyond my best plans.

I get weary of well doing.  Not all the time, but sometimes.  But then I go to church and the Pastor brings a message that speaks God’s Words to my heart.  Uplifting.  Encouraging.  Convicting.  Always just what I need, when I need it, even when I didn’t know that’s what I needed.  God working beyond my understanding.

I have two little kids.  Some days are fun and adventurous.  Some days are overwhelming and exhausting.  And just when I think I can’t go on any more…can’t wipe one more sticky finger…can’t pick up one more toy…can’t discipline one more disobedience…God is there.  Beyond my meager strength I find His arms holding me up and helping me to go on.  His grace is sufficient for me, and even beyond what I need.

Stop.

Will You Marry Me - Engagement Day

I’m so privileged to be a child of the King – to serve the God of the beyond, whose mercies surpass all my sin, whose lovingkindness is never ending, and whose faithfulness never changes.  Truly “my cup runneth over.” 
How has He gone beyond your dreams or plans recently?

Comments

  1. Elaine, i enjoyed your post:) i think we have a lot of things in common...i'm just further down the road in terms of years:)

    blessings on you as you both are finishing training and getting experience as you minister to one another, your family and your church.

    martha from grittygrace.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your email address if you need a response to your comment, or check back here to see my reply in the comments section.