Resurrection Sunday

We had a wonderful Resurrection Sunday!  The services at church were excellent, and we enjoyed a restful afternoon.  We know that Easter isn’t about clothes, bunnies, and colored eggs, but we do like add some new spring clothes to our wardrobe at this time.  This year only the kids got new duds.  I made Elaine’s dress, following this tutorial from Pinterest.  Nolan’s little suit (his first!) came from Grandma Godby.  It is a size 18 months!  I did have to hem the pants a bit, but the rest was a perfect fit.  He was big enough to wear his little saddle shoes too.  I thought my kids were too cute, and I keep smiling at their pictures!

{click to enlarge scrapbook pages}

2012 - Page 032

{In the little picture I think it looks like Nolan is proposing to Elaine!}

2012 - Page 033

2012 - Page 034

Some more of Elaine’s dress…my first sewing project for a long time, first dress for Elaine, first lined bodice…first for a lot of things!  I was proud of myself for getting it done.  It’s a sleeveless dress, perfect for summer.  But she did need a little sweater for Easter.

Elaine's Easter Dress  Elaine's Easter Dress

Elaine's Easter Dress  Elaine's Easter Dress

Check out the other part of my fabulous family on my mom’s blog, here.

Comments