Thankful Thursday

Today I have a lot to be thankful for.  Actually, I always have a lot to be thankful for, but I feel particularly blessed today.

I’m thankful for Ben who put up with my during my labor and encouraged me.  He made numerous trips back and forth between the hospital and home.  He took care of Elaine and has done way too many dishes recently.  He even did his least favorite task…cleaning the car…for my homecoming.

img_0376First, I am thankful for my mother-in-law.  She came down to NYC for a week, leaving her own family and routine to take care of Elaine while I was in the hospital.  She did dishes, laundry, and even jumped on board with my cloth diapers.  She kept the house running while Ben was back and forth between the hospital.  I was grateful to be able to leave Elaine in her own environment.

I’m thankful that the Lord allowed me to have a natural delivery.  I really wanted to avoid a second C-section.

I’m so thankful for my church family.  They prayed for me.  They offered to help with Elaine.  They purchased a new stroller for me, so that I can be mobile again.  They have brought me meals.  I don’t know how people survive without the Lord and the support of a church family!

I’m thankful for a healthy baby boy who is a good eater and is learning to be a good sleeper!  Nolan weighed 7lbs. 6oz. at birth, and 7lbs. 1oz. at discharge.  By Tuesday (five days old) at his doctor’s appointment he weighed 7lbs. 13oz.  The doctor was surprised that he isn’t on a bottle!

And lastly I am really thankful for nap time.  Right now, at least, both kids can sleep at the same time and that means I can sleep too!

Comments