Nolan is One Month Old!

One month ago we welcomed Nolan into our family.  It has been a month of adjustments (and we’re not there yet), but also of fun and joy.  Elaine is protective of her little brother.  When he cries she is by his side in an instant to offer a pacifier or share a toy (none of which quells the crying).  She is also a little jealous…if I am holding Nolan she wants to be in my lap or by my side as well.

Nolan is gaining weight more rapidly than Elaine did.  He weighed over 10 pounds the last time I put him on the postage scale!  I was relieved that at three weeks of age he finally decided to accept a pacifier.  He smiles a lot in his sleep.  When he is awake he is very active – always moving his arm as if he is pitching a baseball (okay…there’s a little bit of imagination in that statement), or pushing up with his feet.  He  has been lifting his head since day 1 in the hospital, and now he is pretty steady at holding his head upright.  I guess he is nosey like his mommy.

Nolan is still confused on days and nights, or he has a touch of colic…I’m not really sure which.  He is most awake in the late evening.  Once he goes to sleep he usually sleeps well – 4 or 5 hours at night.  Sometimes I can’t get him to sleep until the wee hours of the morning.  Mommy is hoping he figures it out soon so we can both sleep!

img_0758

img_0761

img_0768

Matching diapers on my kiddos!

Comments