Shower of Blessings

Being a new mommy to two kiddos means…I’m always tired, and I don’t always get to sleep at night!  I have been wanting to write this post for several days, but I’m just now getting around to it.

On Saturday, July 23rd, I was the recipient of a “Shower of Blessings” in the form of a baby shower for Nolan.  The ladies at Bethel Baptist Fellowship surprised me (yes – I was really surprised) and hosted the shower while my mom was in town.  Ben’s mom and sister also came down for the shower. 

Ben told me we were going to the Aquarium, but we had to stop at church first to finish a project.  (It was something that I had been asking nagging him to do for a few weeks).  He got me into the auditorium by saying he left his Bible there earlier that morning during the visitation outreach.  When I walked through the door I was greeted with “surprise” by all of the ladies and girls of the church.

I never suspected a thing.  The ladies got together and bought us a new double stroller as I blogged about here.  I never expected, or suspected a shower was in the works too…especially since this was my second baby.

The shower was full of all of my favorite things – Mexican food, my favorite hymn, a wonderful challenge from God’s Word, and the sweet fellowship of my Christian friends.  It was a lovely afternoon, and our family was indeed showered with blessings – above measure!

:: The Décor ::

Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan

Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan   Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan

:: The Food ::

Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan
I L.O.V.E. the duckies in the punch!

Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan  Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan

Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan
There was sooooo much delicious food!  I know I didn’t get to sample everything!

:: The Surprise ::

Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan  Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan

Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan

:: The People ::

Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan
The Grandma’s, the Grandkids, and Me
Mom/Sherry Godby, Me, Elaine, Mom/Sissy Hamilton, Nolan

Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan
Mary Cedeno, Mom Hamilton, Meredith, Nancy Bickel, Agnes Leon

Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan
Me, Nolan, and Ben

Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan
I know there were many people involved in making the shower happen.  I don’t know everyone who helped, but I know that Agnes was “in charge” and Mary did the games and decorations.  (At least I think I know that!)

Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan
Auntie Meredith meets Nolan!

:: The Program ::

Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan  Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan
Symphony & Lacey Hyden sang “Cherish the Moment” and Sherry Hyden gave the devotion.  She used an acrostic for Nolan’s name, and it was just what I needed to hear!

N – New grace for being Mommy to two kids
O – Only you can be your child’s mom
L – Look to and lean on God. 
A – A sense of adventure
N – Never ending encouragement to star and to keep doing right.

Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan
While we thought we were rememebering the items on the tray, we were really supposed to remember Suzanne’s outfit!

Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan
Pass the pacifier with skewers and no hands!

:: The Baby ::

Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan

Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan
I think he’s having fun, what do you think?

Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan
On second thought, maybe he was just bored!  Or happy to be held all afternoon!

:: The Baby’s Sister ::

Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan
Elaine enjoyed the parasols/umbrellas from the table décor!

Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan

:: The Gifts ::

Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan

Surprise Baby Shower for Nolan
Nolan is completely decked out with blankets, bath towels, bibs, socks, and many adorable outfits!  I could not believe how many gifts we received, and we are truly blessed!

Comments