Here are the results of my Freezer Cooking Day:
I finished up the Chicken Tetrazzini and kitchen cleanup just as Ben arrived home. I think the whole chicken turned out well. I don’t know if I will do it every time I need chicken. I definitely prefer using boneless chicken breasts, but this wasn’t bad for a first try. The worst part for me was removing the guts and getting it ready to cook. Ever since my days at McDonalds I don’t do well with raw meat. I didn’t mind the deboning process, and Ben likes dark meat so it will be a nice treat for him. I don’t think I can beat it pricewise either.
- 2 Chicken Tetrazzini meals
- 4 1-cup portions of shredded chicken, for use in chicken pot pie, pizza, burritos, quesadillas, and chicken salad sandwiches
- 6 pizza dough portions – enough to last me into April
- 2 Sloppy Joe meals
- 2 Stuffed Shells meals, plus one that we ate tonight for supper
- 5 dozen chocolate chip cookies
I was dreaming of going to sit at Starbucks for a while tonight, but then I was reminded that we are now a one car family. That is so weird. Ben is at Hebrew class, so Elaine are I are home on our own. Time to catch up on my Bible reading!