Freezer Cooking Day in Progress

Here is what I have accomplished so far.  It may not seem like very much, but it feels like a lot.  Especially when I consider my biggest challenge in this enterprise…Elaine!  At almost-four months she is a handful, and enjoys demanding undivided attention.  We have utilized the bumbo, the swing, and the Moby Wrap (which I had to wash last night because she had a blow-out in it during church)today.  Then we utilized naptime!

pict0017 
Whole chicken in the crockpot.  I used this post and this post to figure out how to do it.  I’ve never done a whole chicken before because I didn’t want to deal with the guts.  I couldn’t even get Ben to help me with it…he wanted the pleasure of making me do it!  I’m going to use the chicken for Chicken Tetrazzini (apparently I have been spelling it wrong…I can never remember if it is two z’s or two n’s), and then shred and freeze the rest for pizza and chicken salad sandwiches, etc.  We’ll see how it turns out!

pict0018 

pict0019
Mommy’s little impatient helper!

pict0024
Stuffed shells – I got three meals out of one recipe, because I divided it into proper portions for just two of us.  I usually do just two meals from a batch.  Ben said he wanted to lose some weight…I haven’t told him I cut back on his favorite meal!  We’re eating one of these tonight, so I don’t have to cook anything extra.

pict0025 Sloppy Joes – a 1 1/2 recipe, two meals for us.

pict0026 Pizza Dough – in my post the other day I said I was doing a double batch, but it is actually four batches.  I always make a double batch, and that gives us 3 pizzas.  Today I made two double batches, for six pizzas total.

pict0027 Chocolate Chip cookies – recipe from Better Homes & Gardens.  I had to scrap the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins because I couldn’t find canned pumpkin anywhere.  I didn’t know that canned pumpkin was seasonal, but maybe I’m wrong???  I usually freeze the cookies in individual baggies for Ben’s lunches.  I’ll do two weeks worth, and then leave the rest on the counter.  It helps them stay fresh, and keeps me from eating too many!

pict0028

pict0029 Lunchtime!  A grilled salami and cheese sandwich for me!

Comments

  1. Great job on all that cooking. I don't like doing whole chickens either. Now I buy split chicken breasts (bones and skin still on)cook them in the crock pot with water, salt, pepper, and a few other spices. Then you don't have to deal with as many bones or guts. So much cheaper than boneless skinless chicken breasts, and it tastes better too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. What a productive day! Proud of you sis.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your email address if you need a response to your comment, or check back here to see my reply in the comments section.