Pregnancy Update

happy-woman-pregnant-cartoon3

I will be 27 weeks pregnant tomorrow.  I had a doctor’s checkup yesterday.  Everything is going well and progressing normally. 

I recently had a glucose screening to check for gestational diabetes.  I’m fine – no diabetes here! 

I have been experiencing an increase in appetite lately, along with a decrease in the ability to sleep at night.  The doctor said my body is getting prepped for all of the sleepless nights after baby arrives!  I have been craving salad and crushed ice.  Ben keeps hoping for something more exotic, or at 3 a.m. in the morning.  No luck!  Last Sunday I dreamed of biscuits and gravy, so at 3 a.m. I woke up and thawed out my sausage and then got up early to make biscuits & gravy for breakfast.  Of course…afterwards I felt sick!

 

I hit a couple of garage sales last weekend.  Actually, I dragged Ben out of bed at 7 a.m. on his one day off to take me to the garage sales.  What we found was worth it…to me.  I found some cheap baby items, a couple of rubber stamp sets, Beauty & the Beast on DVD, and a large Pampered Chef pizza stone.  I also discovered a new consignment store and picked up some maternity items and baby clothes for cheap.

 

PICT0003

I picked up a couple of girly sleepers and onesies.  So…if my Mom is right, and she is getting a granddaughter, I will have some things at the beginning!

 

PICT0005

It’s not pink, but it is frilly.  It even has ruffles on the bum of the tights!

 

PICT0006

I was excited to find this – a Peter Rabbit onesie!  I am decorating the “nursery” in Beatrix Potter & Peter Rabbit.

 

PICT0002

Ben has been wanting to buy me a nice maternity dress, but they are so hard to find.  I cam across this dress – nice, and modest – at the consignment store…only $7.99!

Comments