My Best Ever Savings Trip!

Since we had a CVS open just around the corner, I have been able to cvs save a lot of money on toiletries & beauty items.  I have read the stories of people getting several bags of items for just a few cents out-of-pocket.  I was anxious to accumulate enough Extra Care Bucks to do the same.  The sales have not been great the last couple of weeks…until yesterday.  I walked out of the store paying nothing out-of-pocket, and I saved $93.51 by combining sales, manufacturer coupons, and CVS coupons. 

 

I transferred my pre-natal vitamin prescription to CVS, and they gave me a $25.00 gift card.  I paid $10.99 for the prescription.  I used $17 in Extra Care Bucks, and I spent $7.78 on the gift card.  I have been trying to build my ECB’s, and I was able to earn $19.77 by using only $7, and I still have $17 on my gift card.  Yeah for CVS!!!

 

I did three separate transactions in order to maximize my savings.  One of my transactions came up to a grand total of negative ten cents.  I had to add a candy bar in order to complete the transaction!  I was especially excited that the Aveeno products were on sale, and there good coupons to use.  I had a sample of the new Aveeno shampoo a couple months ago, and I really liked it.  However, it runs $8 a bottle, and I don’t like to pay that much for shampoo.  I was able to get three bottles for free!

 

Since this is not a couponing blog, I will try to cut back on the shopping posts.  But I was really excited yesterday!!!

Comments