75% Done!

Today I am 30 weeks pregnant, 75% of the way there!  I still feel like I don’t look very pregnant, but it usually depends on30 Weeks Baby Bump what shirt I am wearing.  I had a pre-natal appointment on Monday.  Everything is going well.  After my next visit I will start going to the doctor every two weeks.  I scheduled a tour of the hospital today – I was lucky to get a slot on October 21, 2009, only two weeks before my due date!

 

People have been very generous to us, and I have picked up a lot of baby items very cheap.  Someone at church gave us a car seat (for when the baby is no longer in an infant seat).  Others have given diaper covers, money, the crib mattress, toys & teethers, a crib mobile, and maternity clothes.  I have a good stash of onesies and sleepers to get started.  Mom & Dad gave us the pram, which will double as our “bassinette” in the beginning.  A neighbor of the Hamilton's sent a crocheted afghan.  Ben is building the crib.  I found a new swing at the consignment store for half price.  I have been stocking up on wipes & toiletries when they go on sale.  I finished my registries at Target and Soft Cloth Bunz (cloth diapering store), and the church is giving me a baby shower in October.  I’m feeling pretty well set…I think! 

 

We are going to Shelby, NC over Labor Day weekend so that Ben can work on the crib with his former employer in the wood shop.  Ben was able to get Friday through Monday off of work, so we will leave Thursday night and drive to NC.  My brother Kenny lives an hour and a half from Shelby and we are planning to stay with him in his new home.  We want to attend his church on Sunday also.  Ben is hoping to complete the crib on this trip.  It will be nice to have it done before things get hectic with school. 

 

30 Weeks Baby Bump

 

Here is our family…Ben, Baby, & Andrea. 

I was excited to find this dress at the Consignment store.  It was brand new with tags still attached and I only paid $13 for it!  Yeah for thrift stores!

Comments