Deal of the Week

Here is my grocery deal of the week:  11 boxes of name brand cereal for less than $9.00!!!

 

PICT0009

The Special Cereal was a Target deal: buy five boxes at $2.39 each and get a $5 gift card.  I used 4 $1 off coupons from coupons.com and my total after coupons and gift card was $3.12!  That’s about 62 cents a box. 

 

The Fruit Loops, Pops, Rice Krispies, Apple Jacks, and Frosted Flakes were at our Food Lion grocery store for $1.99 a box, and I used 6 $1 off coupons from coupons.com, making them 99 cents a box.  Not bad!   We now have enough cereal to last us an eternity.

 

My grocery savings in coupons and sales for the month of April was $152.79, with my best shopping trip being a savings of 78%.  I have a lot of snack foods, cereal, pasta, and side dishes.  I get my meat on the clearance sale (when it is about to expire), and my bread at Big Lots for more than 50% off.  It works out pretty good for us!

 

My goal for May is to spend $40 a week or less in groceries, and $40 total for the month in cleaning supplies, paper items, and toiletries – for a total of $200 in May.  We’ll see how I do!

Comments