Henry is Here

We are excited to announce our newest model:

Henry Thaddeus “Tad” Hamilton
Thursday, August 27, 2015 at 6:21 a.m.
8 pounds, 21 inches long

IMG_8555 (2)

He was born after about 13 hours of labor, and has a full head of dark hair.

IMG_5302   IMG_5301

Right after birth, I was able to enjoy some skin-to-skin contact with Henry for about 45 minutes.  This is the first time I was able to do this with one of my babies!  Elaine was an emergency c-section who had to be examined immediately after birth, Nolan had the cord wrapped around his neck and needed to have the mucous suctioned from his mouth, and the twins were each whisked away for examination.

IMG_5293For each of my Brooklyn pregnancies I have had the same midwife (coincidentally – they work rotating shifts) deliver all three of the kids.  I told Jen that the other kids were born on a Thursday, and she said “I’m not at the hospital on a Thursday until the 27th.”  Since I was due the 20th and convinced I would go early, I told her “I’m not waiting that long.”  Little did I know…I arrived at the hospital around 12:30 a.m. on the 27th.  Lora delivered Henry at 6:21 a.m. – 39 minutes before Jen arrived to begin her shift!

The only complications we had were an unorganized hospital staff that dropped the ball and lost my paperwork through every crack imaginable.  Henry also had a slightly high bilirubin reading and had to spend several hours under the U/V lights, which meant we spent an extra night in the hospital.

IMG_5303 IMG_5304 IMG_5309

IMG_5310  IMG_5333

Grandma (my mom) was here to help with the baby since I assumed I would go “on time” as I did with the other three pregnancies.  We spent our week waiting for contractions instead of holding a baby and packing boxes (we squeezed in some ice cream and a trip to Coney Island too).  So…Grandma only got to see Henry at the hospital.  She hasn’t been able to see any of the grands this little since Elaine, so even though time with him was short, I know she is glad he made his appearance before her departure.

Comments