Christmas Cookies

I had to make cookies for the Ladies Cookie Exchange at church last week, so it was a good opportunity for the kids to help me.  They helped mix the dough, then we cut out cookies after bath time, and frosted them the next day.  I’m not a huge sugar cookie fan {they take so much work, and chocolate chip are better}, but I tried a new recipe, found here.  The cookies weren’t anything special, but the icing was great.  I despise frosting cookies {I’m a mess with frosting} but this frosting whipped up fast, glided on easily, and dried nice and shiny.  It was perfect!

Making Christmas Cookies

Making Christmas Cookies

Making Christmas Cookies
I turned from helping Elaine make some cut-outs to discover Nolan had been “stamping” his cutter all over the rest of the dough.  Roll it out and start over again… several times!

Making Christmas Cookies

Making Christmas Cookies
When he was done “sprinkling”, his fingers were stained red from licking and dipping into the sprinkles.  Don’t worry – I did not take Nolan’s cookies to church, and I threw away the remaining sprinkles!

Making Christmas Cookies
A little heavy on the sugar!

Making Christmas Cookies
“Kids were here”

Comments