I love cheese!

It’s been a while since I’ve posted on my grocery savings.  Shopping has not been as frequent with meals from church members after Elaine’s birth, Thanksgiving at friends’ house, Christmas in Colorado, and a week in New England.  I haven’t been using my coupons as much because we haven’t needed much.  But today I got a great deal, and I wanted to share!

I love cheese, and I love it even better when it is on sale!  I got everything in the picture below (that’s 8 bags of Kraft shredded cheese, 2 blocks of Kraft Cracker Barrel cheese, and 9 packages of 2% singles) for $15.35 (including tax)!  That’s a savings of 74%.  Regular price for this cheese would have been $61.51! 

PICT0067

MoneySavingMom (my favorite coupon blog) hosted an “Eat from the Pantry Challenge” in January.  The goal was to eat only from the stockpile and spend as little as possible on groceries.  Her goal was $75, and she made it.  We’re having an Eat from the Pantry Challenge in February, and my goal is to shave $100 off my monthly food budget, bringing it to $73.20.  I’ll let you know how I do!

Comments