These are a few of my favorite things...

Here are some things we are loving right now in the Hamilton household...

:: Bulletproof coffee (or butter coffee).  Ben and I are trying to eat strictly Keto this month and we have each lost about 8 pounds already!  One thing we are enjoying in the morning is bulletproof coffee.  To our regular cup of coffee (I use a big mug) I add:

  • 1 Tbsp. unflavored whey protein
  • 1 Tbsp. collagen granuales
  • 1 tsp. grassfed butter (blessed with this from our food pickup last week!)
  • 1 Tbsp. MCT oil
  • 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
Then I whip it up with a frother until everything is dissolved.  De-lish!

:: Bullet Journal.  I am trying this for my planner right now.  I really love the Homemaker's Friend planner as I have shared here before.  But the cover and the tabs are not durable enough for my constant use.  I have in the past taken it apart to laminate it but I can't find a place that can reassemble it for me anymore.  I tried punching it in a notebook, but the rings are in my way.  So I am trying bullet journaling.  My friend Rosa shared some articles about it at this link.

:: Monat Skin Care.  I haven't shared much about Monat here before, but I joined the Healthy Hair Revolution over a year ago.  Monat products have revolutionized my hair and my girls' hair.  Recently they launched skin care products - all naturally and botanically based.  I was skeptical at first and didn't believe it could be as good as everyone said.  Until I tried it...now I am sold too!  I really love how the products leave my skin refreshed and soft.  The eye smooth cream is fantastic, and the moisturizer is soft and subtly scented.  But my favorite is the Berry Scrub!  It is a light masque and exfoliator and smells absolutely wonderful.  My skin feels so amazing when I rinse it off!  I usually struggle with breakouts in certain spots on my face.  Since I started using these products in September I haven't had a single blemish!




:: Hylands Teething Tablets.  We're in that stage again!  Peter is drooling adn teething up a storm, including multiple night wakings (after I just got used to sleeping through the night!  I can't find these in the store anymore, but I got them on Amazon.  What a relief!  (for both of us!)

:: Risen Motherhood.  My mom slipped a book called Risen Motherhood by Laura Wifler and Emily Jensen into my baby gift box after Peter was born.  What is now a website and published book began as a podcast by two sisters-in-law.  These ladies seek to view the challenges and issues of motherhood through the lens of the Gospel.  It is SOOOOOO good!  I am listening to back episodes of the podcast because the once-a-week new episode isn't enough.  The book is fabulous also - I'm halfway through.  They have a monthly newsletter full of resource gush too.

Comments