Keto Week One: in Review

Ben and I have been endeavoring to eat a strict Keto meal plan since January 4th.  Our goal is to do 30 days, and then begin some Keto cycling.  I am still new to all of this and discovering things at each turn.  I didn't have time to read a lot of books on the subject, but I have read several blog posts, have some friends who have answered questions, and I checked out some books and recipe guides from the library.

Breakfast is easy since we primary do eggs and bacon.  I have been pre-cooking the week's worth of bacon on Sunday so I just have to warm it up each morning.  I discovered a Keto fad called the Chaffle - basically its an egg and cheese waffle.  It is delightful and I look forward to it more than my granola and yogurt from pre-Keto!

I think the hardest part this week was watching the kids eat pizza on Friday night.  We had a Keto pizza casserole, but it's just never quite the same!

I made some fat bombs to have as a sweet snack, and I am loving the bulletproof coffee every morning!

Keto Week One: lost 8 pounds

At the end of the week I felt like my milk supply was dwindling so I have added more carbs back to my diet than is recommended on strict Keto, but I am still maintaining around the 7-8 pounds down mark.

Comments