Happy St. Patrick’s Day

We planned an outreach blitz for our Kingsbridge neighborhood in the Bronx.  Things were so up in the air with the house and possible closing date that we didn’t invite many people, but Ben’s parents did come down to help us distribute special invites.  They looked like this…

Happy St. Patrick's Day InviteHappy St. Patrick's Day Invite BACK

I have never really made a big deal out of St. Patrick’s Day.  After all, I’m not Irish, not a big fan of green, and I don’t drink.  But I saw some cute craft ideas online and decided to teach the kids about the real Patrick – the one who evangelized Ireland in the 5th century.

Elaine's St. Patrick's Day Drawings

Elaine's St. Patrick's Day Drawings
Elaine’s drawings

I set the kids up with some how to draw videos for festive leprechauns and pots of gold.  They did good, huh?

Nolan's St. Patrick's Day Drawings    Nolan's St. Patrick's Day Drawings
Nolan’s Drawings

St. Patrick's Day Jars   St. Patrick's Day Jars
I made these candy jars for the kids with Rolo’s and sorted Skittles.  The tags say “You’re My Pot of Gold at the End of My Rainbow!

St. Patrick's Day Jars

Homemade Shamrock Shakes 
We finished the day off with homemade Shamrock Shakes! 

Ben's St. Patrick's Day Outfit(Ben wore this green outfit for outreach.  I don’t usually “let” him wear the jacket in public.  He definitely got some attention!)

Comments