Thankful Thursday

I have so many things to be thankful for.  Over the last couple of weeks I have intended to write a Thankful Thursday post, but I never got around to it.  So here is a conglomeration!

--Our van broke down on June 30th.  Where I stopped was just inside the free 3 mile tow that we get from AAA to our mechanic.  I was thankful I didn’t get any closer to home, making my tow more expensive.

--This week we are having our Summer Adventure Club (VBS) at Bethel.  There has been a lot of work put in by a lot of people.  I’m thankful for teens who are willing to step outside their comfort zone and look silly in a skit, and for their parents who bring them back and forth for practice.

SAC 2014 Grand Junction

--We got free wood to build our set by picking up some plywood pallets off Craigslist.  We got the paint in the clearance section at Home Depot.  And there are artistic people at church who can draw and paint to make it actually look like a Western town – something I would never be able to accomplish.

SAC 2014 Grand Junction

--I am thankful for the wisdom and counsel of some godly older ladies as I struggle through the toddler years and the different issues that comes with them.

--I am thankful for a husband who works hard to provide for our family, then comes home to work hard on ministry things, then stays out late to prepare the set for VBS, then comes to pick me up when the van breaks down, he listens on the phone when I am having a hard day and I can’t stop crying, and he even manages to babysit the kids so I can go out for coffee with a friend.  He is pretty amazing.

SAC 2014 Grand Junction

--Thankful for online resources to allow me to “go to church” even when I am home with sick kids.  I am thankful for Revive Our Hearts – every series recently has been just exactly what I needed to hear.

--I am blessed with amazing friends, and a great accountability partner.  We can text back and forth during the day to encourage and pray for each other.  So many times she has made a way to be a blessing to me, even when she was so busy herself. 

--This week was going to be crazy, but God gave me a helper.  One of our teens is staying with me for three days to help with the kids during the day and make it possible to be on time for SAC every night.  She has done everything I asked, and lots that I didn’t ask her to do.

--Provision of homeschool curriculum from someone who doesn’t need it anymore.

--We were told this week that we had our first supporting church.

Comments