my {birthday}

It’s been a long week.  Last Sunday we all stayed home sick.  I actually wasn’t sick, but someone needed to take care of all the other sickies.  Last Sunday was my birthday.  It wasn’t a big deal…I don’t like to make a big deal out of my birthday.  But it was kinda a bummer.  We had planned to go out for dinner after church, and Ben even had a babysitter.

I went out first thing in the morning to get some medicine, and I stopped at Dunkin’ Donuts for breakfast on the way home.  That was my little birthday celebration.  When I got home, Ben and the kids had decorated the door and made me some birthday cards, complete with chocolate.  That was my present. {I had an early birthday present when Danielle was visiting last month}.

Mommy's 31st Birthday  Mommy's 31st Birthday

Mommy's 31st Birthday
Elaine wrote her name all by herself

I had received my birthday box from Mom earlier in the week, and saved the wrapped presents to open on my birthday.  Just what I wanted – jammies and new slippers!  Moms are great like that.  {I got jammies and Starbucks from my in-laws when they came for Elaine’s birthday}.  I kinda stretched out all of my flannel pants last winter with the twin pregnancy!

I didn’t really want a cake {Ben did offer to make one}.  I had had enough of Elaine’s birthday cake.  So I made a pan of Samoa Brownies.  If you’ve never tried them, and if you like Coconut, you have to try this recipe.  My friend Erika introduced me to these brownies, proving once again that she is a true friend.  Ben added 3 red candles and 1 yellow candle to be “31”. And that was my birthday.  {And now you all know how old I am}

My birthday

My birthday

{31}
It was a nice little celebration, except for the sickness part.  Maybe we’ll be healthy next year.

Comments

  1. I love the duct tape wrapping! And the pic of you and Elaine and Nolan is priceless!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your email address if you need a response to your comment, or check back here to see my reply in the comments section.