Thursday, October 3, 2013

City Cowboys

One thing I was really hoping to do with the kiddos in Denver was let them ride a horse.  Mom has a friend with a horse, but it wasn’t really broken in yet so not too good for the kids.  I called several stables and found one with a half-way reasonable price for a pony ride.  No – I’m not going to tell you how much we {Grandma} paid for three circles around the stables!  But the kids loved it, so I guess that makes it worth every penny!?!?

IMG_8163
This wrangler wasn’t the friendliest, but my little “Lone Ranger” had a good time riding “Duby” – short for Double Stuffed Oreo!  She was a little disappointed that he wasn’t white like Silver.

IMG_8178
LOVE this picture!

IMG_8195
I had to walk next to the horse and hold on to the kids.  My arms were so tired after 6 laps!  Nolan’s wrangler was much nicer.  When she saw my twins, she told us that she was adopted from Korea with her twin sister.  Twins are everywhere…

IMG_8228
…even in the stables!  I actually don’t think these ponies were twins, but they looked alike!

IMG_8208

The kids were nervous about standing in front of the stable door because of the horses inside.  I said, “Don’t worry, the horse is tied up.  He won’t get you.”  Then, {of course!} while I was taking the picture, that horse just walked right out of the door!

IMG_8210

IMG_8212

IMG_8218
I had so much fun watching my city kids get dirty in the “country.”  Nolan was just so cute in his bandana and cowboy boots.  Sometimes I wish we weren’t city people!

IMG_8227

IMG_8244
The kids enjoyed pulling some grass to feed to this Shetland Pony.

3 comments:

  1. that is the cutest thing Mrs. Hamilton!! Nolan does look so cute in his cowboy get up!=)
    symphony

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the cutest and most exciting blog I've ever checked out!!! lovely family :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email address if you need a response to your comment, or check back here to see my reply in the comments section.