Works for Me: Coupon Organization

Below are some pictures of my coupon book. I don't remember where I read about this system of organization, but it has worked for me so far.



I only get one set of the coupon circulars because I only shop for two people. So I used a basic 1" three ring binder. I bought a package of baseball card holders from Target for around $5. I then applied sticky tabs to the baseball card sheets to divide my coupons into categories.
My categories are:
  • Health & Beauty Aids
  • Teeth & Shaving (a separate category because there are so many of these coupons)
  • Household supplies (cleaning items)
  • Laundry & Soap
  • Paper & Plastic (ziploc bags, toilet paper, paper towel, Kleenex)
  • Cereal & Snacks
  • Dry goods
  • Refrigerated & Dairy products
  • Frozen products
  • Medicine
  • Misc
  • Canned goods

I only save the coupons for items that I normally buy. If the coupon is for a different brand than my usual item, I save it in case the product goes on sale and I can get it really cheap. Coupons for products that I wouldn't consider using, or that I have no use for (like diapers) I send to a lady who gets them to overseas military families. The military families can use coupons overseas for up to three months after their expiration dates. Go here for more information. Sometimes I put a listing on Craigslist for an envelope of coupons to the first person who comes and picks it up. Someone else can usually use the coupons I don't want to use.

Also in my binder is a page protector for my Walgreens ad, Easy Saver catalog, and Walgreens Register Rewards & coupons. In the back of my binder is another page protector for dining coupons and non grocery related coupons (like Bed, Bath & Beyond, or Michaels). I also have a sleeve for rebate offers. I make a copy of the rebate and receipt before I mail it in so that I have a copy for my records.

When I am going to the grocery store I make my list and pull out all applicable coupons and put them in an envelope. I carry my binder into the store, in case I find items on sale or decide to pick up something for which I have a coupon.

For more coupon organization ideas, visit Centsible Savings. Also visit Rocks in My Dryer for more Works for Wednesday tips!

Comments