Bill Peet books! Between Christmas and kindness coupons my kids have amassed a pretty good collection of these fantastic stories!
- Cowardly Clyde - my all time favorite!
- How Droofus the Dragon Lost His Head
- Kermit the Hermit (in rhyme)
- The Ant and the Elephant
- Cyrus the Unsinkable Sea Serpent
- The Wingdingdilly (my least favorite)
- The Caboose Who Got Loose (in rhyme)
- The Pinkish, Purplish, Bluish Egg (in rhyme)
- Buford the Little Bighorn
Children's Stories/Picture Books:
- Fairy Tale collection books from Usborn Books and More
- I love Sandra Boynton books! Most of them are written in rhyme, the drawings are cute, and many come in board book style
- 20 Trucks Stuck in the Middle of Our Street
- Eric Carle Books - Brown Bear, Brown Bear and Polar Bear, Polar Bear. I don't care for many of his other stories
- Can't You Sleep Little Bear by Martin Waddell
- The Berenstein Bear books (old ones) by Stan & Jan Berenstein
- Bear Snores On (and all the other sequels) by Karma Wilson - written in rhyme and fantastic illustrations!
- Blueberries for Sal
- Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems (again, I don't like his other books, but this one is fantastic!)
- Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Beverly Cleary Books
- The Boxcar Children Mysteries by Gerturde Chandler Warner
- Mandie Mystery books by Lois Gladys Leppard (Christian author)
- The Misty Horse books by Marguerite Henry
Favorite Read Alouds:
- The Days of Laura Ingalls Wilder by Thomas L. Tedrow - fiction based on the life of grown and married Laura and her family. You will roll in laughter!
- Adventures of the Northwoods - we call these the "Kate Books". My mom read them aloud to me, and my kids are thoroughly enjoying their daddy reading the books to them! Christian author, Lois Walfrid Johnson
- Riverboat Adventures - the "Libby books" also by Lois Walfrid Johnson
- Little House series