Keto: 30 Day Summary

This week (Feb. 4th), we finished 30 days of Keto.  I did cheat once...I went out to dinner with some friends and I ate the bun on my burger!

My weight fluctuates a bit, but my lowest weigh-in was 13 pounds less than beginning.  Ben lost 21 pounds!!!

We will probably do some Keto cycling to continue maintaining and losing a little more.  Ben had an overgoal of losing an additional 5 pounds.

I don't think it was really super hard to do Keto for 30 days.  The second week found me craving sugar the hardest.  The recipes I chose were not overly strange or weird.  My kids loved the Skillet Chicken Parmesan and Stuffed Chicken Breasts the most.  I got really tired of having eggs for breakfast.  (But breakfast is not really my favorite meal anyway).

Overall I don't think we will be a permanent Keto family, mostly because whole food groups are eliminated.  God gaves us the fruit of the trees for food too, but very few fruits are Keto-friendly!  Eating a high-fat low-carb diet can spike your cholesterol too, and Ben did have that experience in a recent test.  Grapefruit is really good for cholesterol, so we will go back to having that for a lot of our breakfasts!

Some recipes will become family favorites and go into our menu rotation.  In the end, I was feeling like everything was cream cheese and bacon flavored, unless we just had a protein with a salad.  I loved eating Caesar salad so often, but I missed the croutons!

Inconclusion, we are trying to stay back off the sugars most of the time, but we are rotating fruit back in and occasionally bread.  We love granola with yogurt and berries for breakfast so that is coming back onto the menu too!

Comments