Thankful Thursday: Family Pictures

We needed to update our family picture on our prayer card.  It’s over a year old, and the kids grow so fast.  However, now that it is winter, we can’t just go shoot a few pics outside in the nice natural light.  Everything I have tried indoors brings shadows.

I knew there wasn’t a lot of money in the budget for pictures, especially considering that I needed the digital images so that I could insert the picture into our prayer card.  Usually the image CDs start around $150.  I was praying about it, and then one day I got onto Groupon.  I was just looking for any good Christmas ideas.  What popped up?  A coupon for JC Penney Portrait Studios (and we have a new one in Brooklyn so I didn’t have to pay a toll).  I spend $19.99 to get any three images on a CD, and no sitting fees.

Another blessing in this process – everyone had coordinating clothes that fit right now, so I didn’t have to purchase anything!

We booked the appointment for yesterday.  I bathed the day with prayer, asking for good smiles and a good photographer.  We prepped the kids.  When we left the house it felt like –18* and it was windy.  There was snow and slush on the ground – not good for walking four little kids into a picture appointment in their dress clothes.  But I kept praying.

I admit – I lost a little faith when the photographer came out to ask what background we wanted.  She didn’t seem to know what would be good, and I was starting to get worried.  The first appointment ran late, so we sat in the waiting room for close to 45 minutes.  My kids were getting grouchy.  But I kept praying.

And it turns out she was a great photographer.  When we walked into the studio three of the four kids were crying or pouting.  But the photographer even got a smile out of Liberty!  We did a couple different poses and backgrounds, and I got three good pictures out of it. 

My receipt said $169.99, but I only paid $19.99.  I got four happy kids and an updated prayer card.  I’m so glad God even cares about the little things!

p4-2c893
This one is for our new prayer card.  It’s not perfect, but neither are we!

p8-25638
This was our second choice.  Not as good of smiles, but still good!

p7-954b3
We had to choose a third, so this was it.  It’s the Ben-has-a-cheesy-smile and Nolan-is-really-done-with-this and Nehemiah-is-flirting-with-the-photographer picture.

Comments