Settled In

We feel pretty settled into our new apartment.  Everything has been unpacked, and the last of the boxes sent to the recycling today.  Pictures are hung on the wall, and everything seems to have a place.  I’m still “rearranging” little spots here and there, like kitchen cabinets and drawers.  The kids room will get some more work done closer to the twins’ arrival – when we get bunk beds for Nolan & Elaine. But for now, it’s all good.

The Dahlgren Apartment after Move In
I am much more happy with my picture wall in this apartment – and there is room on the sides to add two more kiddos in a couple of months!

The Dahlgren Apt after Move In
I really like my new rug…one of the few things we own from IKEA.  {Ben hates IKEA, but he picked this out}.  I have been enjoying having my devotions on the couch in a cozy spot.  My plants seem to be doing better with more sunlight, too.

The Dahlgren Apt after Move In
We eliminated a bookshelf and everything fits nicely on these two.  Still working on the tops – they are a little cluttered.

The Dahlgren Apt after Move In
We took both leaves out of our table to give us more room.  I kinda like it this way – but when the next two kids are ready to eat at the table, we will have to expand again.

The Dahlgren Apartment after Move In
There are no drawers or a medicine cabinet in the bathroom, so I’m still trying to find the best places for some things.  Our other IKEA purchase was a tall shelving unit which holds most of our “linen closet” items.

The Dahlgren Apartment after Move In
I really like my kitchen.  Everything is a huge improvement over the other kitchen.

The Dahlgren Apartment after Move In
I’m thankful for a handy husband.  We have a long, deep storage closet with shelves at the very end.  But it seemed like there was a lot of wasted space.  Ben added a bar to make the front part of the closet our coat closet {we don’t have one of those}.  He put a shelf on the top so that my iron and cleaning supplies are easily accessible.  The things behind the coats are infrequently used…like sewing machine, fans for the summer, etc.

The Dahlgren Apt after Move In
The kids love having the toys in their own room, and Mommy likes it too!  Things will change slightly when we add two more kids, but everything should fit well.

The Dahlgren Apt after Move In
Ben also added a shelf on the wall for the baby toys and craft supplies.  This makes them accessible to me, but not the kids.  He also added a shelf in one closet so that my paper-crafting machines and all of the baby items have a spot.

Comments

  1. Love the new house! I especially like the living room. Nice and minimal with a cozy feel. There's something about a red accent that pops everything else. Nice! You have some great storage ideas. Good job, Andrea and Ben!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your email address if you need a response to your comment, or check back here to see my reply in the comments section.