Never Forget

11 years ago I was a student at BJU. {Wow, that makes me feel old!} I was on a break between classes.  Suddenly students started rushing into the student center and crowded around the TV. I couldn't see or hear what was going on, so I shrugged it off as nothing. When I returned to my dorm, I learned that it was a big something - a massive terrorist attack in New York City.

I never would have imagined that I would now be living in New York City.  We were finally able to visit the 9/11 Memorial last Saturday.  It’s very moving to be there, to look down into the masive hole, to think about what used to reach to the sky from that spot.  Then you start to read the names of those 2,977 victims. 

9-11 Memorial with Evan and Elise

9-11 Memorial with Evan and Elise

9-11 Memorial with Evan and Elise

9-11 Memorial with Evan and Elise

9-11 Memorial with Evan and Elise

9-11 Memorial with Evan and Elise
I thought this one was particularly sad – Renee A. May and her unborn child.  It’s also interesting to me that when someone else takes the life of a pregnant woman it is a double murder, but when the woman takes the life of her own unborn child, it is a legal abortion.  But I guess that’s a different topic.

9-11 Memorial with Evan and Elise

I visited New York City for the first time in 2007.  Ground Zero was still a big mess.  I never got to see the Twin Towers rising on the skyline.  But now I remember, every time we drive home from church.  Because there stretching up above all the other buildings is the Freedom Tower, lit up in brilliant red, white, and blue.  We will never forget.

9-11 11th Anniversary

Never Forget!

Comments