Merry Christmas!

We hope that everyone is enjoying this special holiday as we celebrate the birth of our Savior!  Ben, Elaine, and I flew into Denver on Christmas Eve to spend Christmas with my parents and brothers.  Elaine did very well on both flights.  She slept straight through our flight from Norfolk to Baltimore, and though she was awake for most of the flight to Denver, she hardly made a peep!  Grandma and Grandpa were waiting and already fighting over who would get to hold her first.  (Grandma won :-)

We went to my grandparents' house on Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family.  My Grandparents had a special treat as their son Nathan called from Indonesia.  It was a nice Christmas present for them.  My Grandma did something very neat with her gifts to the grandkids.  She told us how her daddy (who died when she was nine) used to her and her siblings to look at Christmas lights on Christmas.  When they got home there was always a gift waiting - an apple, an orange, and some candy.  So Grandma gave us the same thing this year - an apple, an orange, and some candy (with a gift card too).  I thought it was special and neat for her to do that.

Since Christmas Eve at (Andrea's) Grandma & Grandpa's is always late, we enjoyed sleeping in on Christmas morning...as late as Elaine would allow...eight o'clock.  There are so many new things here for Elaine!  She enjoyed nursing by the fire because it was nice and warm.  She had Gypsy greet her with a sniff and a lick, and she loves staring at Grandpa's deer on the wall!  (Maybe she will be a great white hunter after all!)  I almost felt like a childless mother because Elaine just went back and forth from Grandma's arms to Grandpa's chest and slept most of the day!  Ben and I even went to bed without her!

We enjoyed the "magic" of a White Christmas - not just because there was already snow on the ground from a previous storm, but because we had a fresh blanket of lovely white snow cover everything again.  And Dad said that it has only snowed on Christmas Day twelve times in the last 120 years.  It was the perfect way to wrap up a wonderful holiday.

There are pictures coming, but I am borrowing a camera and a computer on this trip and I have no idea how to get my pictures uploaded yet.  And to finish this post I will leave you with an interesting fact.  Wesley got an iTouch for Christmas and he learned this through one of his applications.  Did you know...JFK was buried without his brain because it was lost during the autopsy?  I couldn't stop laughing!

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

Comments