It was all free!

It has been a while since I have posted a couponing/savings post.  That’s because I haven’t been couponing and shopping very much lately!  I stocked up the cupboards and freezer very well before Elaine’s arrival.  On top of that, we had two weeks of meals from the church, Thanksgiving at someone’s house, and the meals I had prepared and frozen.  This month we are attempting to clean out what is left in the freezer & pantry before starting our stock-pile again in January. 

While I have not been actively couponing, the coupons have continued to roll in.  And since it is the holiday season, the deals have been even better!  Here are some items that I got for free this week using the holiday coupons which are meant to draw you in and get you to spend more money…

PICT0001 
I had four $5 off any purchase of $5 or more coupons for Hallmark.  I used them to get the Nativity ornament, winter votive holders, four Yankee Candle votives, and two birthday cards.  I had a $10 off any purchase coupon for Music & Arts which I used to purchase more music for my piano students.  And I had a $10 off of any $10 purchase for JC Penney.  They are having a big clearance sale, and I picked up a pair of jeans, a pair of pants, and two long sleeved onesies for Elaine.  I basically only paid tax on all of these items!

In the past I would have used those coupons to just save money off the item(s) I really wanted.  I am learning to purchase things that I can use, but yet are close to the dollar amount of my coupon so that I have very little out of pocket expense.

And speaking of saving money…God has been so good to provide the things that we need for Elaine.  She is overflowing with an abundance of clothing, and I have only purchased a package of onesies and a package of sleeping gowns.  People at church give us items every time we are there!  Elaine almost has a complete summer wardrobe through gifts and hand-me-downs.  We so appreciate the generosity of others and the good hand of God upon us to provide for our needs!

Comments