I Wish I Could Fly...

On September 20th Ben & I attended the Naval Air Station Oceana's 2008 Air Show (which happens to be the 50th anniversary of this air show). I know the post is a little late, but I was out of town and working extra hours. I wanted to get the pics up anyway. On Friday night we made it in time to see the acrobatic planes with the fireworks coming off their wings, and the F/A-18 Super Hornet with the after burner turned on. The after burner was really cool.

On Saturday we bought bleacher seats and enjoyed some more acrobatic planes, the F/A-18 Super Hornet demonstrations, and the Blue Angels Show. The Blue Angels were amazing. I've seen them before, but it has been a long time. I was able to catch a couple of pics, though it i very difficult because they go by so quickly!

My confession is that if I wasn't a wifey and homemaker (oh, and I forgot...a cafe barista), then I would want to be a fighter pilot. Realizing early on that the latter was definitely not a possibility, I opted for Bible College and marriage. Still...sometimes I wish I could fly!

I didn't quite get the nose of Blue Angel One in this shot.



Here are five of the six Blue Angels.

Look carefully - there really are four planes. Two are flying inverted. I think it's so amazing!

Comments