Now Brewing

A couple of weeks ago I took Elaine on a special errand with me.  We waited for our appointment for about two hours, and the whole time she had no idea what she was there for.  Finally we were called back and the technician began an ultrasound to determine if I was having one baby, or twins agains.  As soon as the image appeared on the screen I asked Elaine if she knew what that was.  "A baby?"  She had seen enough ultrasound pictures to know!  She couldn't stop talking and screaming about it all the way home!  

I allowed Elaine to break the news to her siblings.  This is how it went...


They were totally unimpressed and unexcited.  It grew on them, though, and everyone is voting for a girl!  We have decided to wait until September 30th (or whenever baby makes its appearance) to discover the gender!  (Elaine and Nolan were surprises!)

Henry has gone through mixed emotions.  One morning he shot my tummy with a nerf arrow to "get my baby."  The next afternoon he was warning me to be careful on the steps because of the baby in my tummy!  He crawls in my lap and asks if he can still be my baby, and if the baby can come but only stay for a little while.  So we will see how this goes!

Comments