Visualized Songs - Power in the Blood, Jesus Paid It All, and Stop! And Let Me Tell You

One of my goals this year was to teach my kids a new hymn each month.  I am just learning about what some homeschoolers call "Morning Time," but I guess we've had an abbreviated version of this all year.  We open our homeschool day with pledges, prayer, and a hymn.  Then we divide up into our various Bible classes and play times.  For pledges, we say the pledge to the American flag, the pledge to the Christian flag, and the pledge to the Bible.  Even Henry tries to say the words, and the twins know all the pledges just from listening every day.  The kids rotate who gets to hold each flag/Bible, and who prays.

We have done well learning our hymns this year, except for June, July, and August.  With the house purchase, renovation, and move I totally fell off of anything goal related or routine encompassing.  But we started back in September with "Power in the Blood" and now we are learning "Jesus Paid it All."  It's fun to see the delight on my children's faces when we are in church and there is a song chosen for which they know all the words!  I'm very glad I chose to do this, and I plan to continue next year.  I would also like to add teaching the kids the history behind each hymn...so I guess we will be expanding our Morning Time!

We have also started a weekly Bible Club in our home every Friday afternoon.  Our house is just two doors down from the public elementary school, so we invite the kids to pop in for an hour long Bible Club after school.  We have several moms who attend also.  I purchased a few pre-visualized songs for club, because I wanted the larger size.  But I opted to make a couple myself also.  Below there is a link for "Stop and Let Me Tell You."  I laminated them back-to-back, so that you have to flip them, just like the old stop sign version my mom and grandma had.  The kids enjoyed being a part of the flipping and sign holding last week in Bible Club.

Download Power in the Blood - pictures made for coloring in by the kiddos  (Forgot to clear the spell check lines before I made the screen shot)


Download Jesus Paid it All - full color, no coloring needed

Comments